Put Your Money Where Your Values Are
This four-part virtual seminar series builds your capacity to design an equitable compensation structure. The first seminar is a prerequisite for the all other seminars; the first three seminars are prerequisites for certification.
- Foundation – Friday, September 16, 11am-6pm ET
- Footing – Wednesdays, October 5, 12, 19, 26; November 2; 1 – 5pm ET
- Framing – Thursday, November 17, 12-6pm ET
- Certification – Wednesday and Thursday, December 7 and December 8, 1-5pm ET
Foundation: Getting Started
Friday, September 16, 11am-6pm ET
The Foundation seminar is a holistic overview of the underlying problems and solutions to practicing equitable compensation in our social change work. Foundation seminar participants will:
- Learn how default, market-based and legal systems exacerbate inequality, and in many cases, make income and wealth gaps even worse;
- Learn concrete models, approaches, and tools for more equitable compensation depending on your organization’s conditions and readiness;
- Learn about the socio-psychological barriers that prevent us from fully living our values with pay regardless of how enlightened we feel.
Foundation is open to any person who wants to learn the nuts, bolts, and innovations of equitable compensation for values-based groups. No prerequisites, only a short screening application is required.
Footing: Action Steps
Wednesdays, October 5, 12, 19, 26; November 2; 1 – 5pm ET
Prerequisite: Foundations Seminar
The Footing seminar is a deep-dive into the organizational change process that helps transform organizational compensation culture and structure. Footing seminar participants will:
- Discuss and revise a typical Pay Scale Equity Process project plan (for a 25-50 person organization), including assessment options and implementation phases, to customize for your organization;
- Learn about the legal and structural constraints to implementing a truly equitable and reparative compensation structure, including resources to help guide your decision-making process for key decision points in the project;
- Understand how to work through typical compensation polarities and implementation challenges, how to use market data to inform your scale, and how to incorporate the Reparative Distribution Factor™ (RDF).
Footing is open to any person who has completed the Foundations seminar and wants to learn how to implement the Pay Scale Equity Process in their organization or organizations they want to work with.
Framing: Bringing Along
Thursday, November 17, 12-6pm ET
Prerequisite: Foundations Seminar
The Framing seminar is a guide about the key frameworks, lessons, and practices that support meaningful compensation discussions and culture-building around new compensation systems. Framing seminar participants will:
- Learn helpful frameworks and tools to understand the complex terrain of generational financial trauma, individual money attitudes, and organization values and priorities;
- Learn and practice critical skills to powerfully facilitate compensation discussions and support other culture-building opportunities;
- Understand lessons from facilitated compensation dialogues, including patterns, questions, and tensions, to expect and prepare for.
Framing is open to any person who has completed the Foundations seminar and wants to learn how to support the culture-side of implementing the Pay Scale Equity Process in their organization.
Certification: Lifting Off
Wednesday and Thursday, December 7 and December 8, 1-5pm ET
Prerequisites: Foundations, Footing, and Framing Seminars
The Certification seminar supports human resources and organizational development consultants, capacity builders, and internal change agents in getting certified to use this process in their client engagements or within their organizations. Certification seminar participants will:
- Learn how to scope and contract an engagement and the key elements for success;
- Learn how to support and guide organizational staff through critical decisions;
- Receive templates, tools, and resources to support their compensation engagements.
The Certification seminar is open to any person who has completed the Foundations, Footings, and Framing seminars and wants to learn how to guide the Pay Scale Equity Process in their organization or organizations they want to work with.
Questions? Email Vega at email@example.com. We look forward to connecting with you soon!